2. Types of cookies according to the timeline that they are enabled for
According to the timeline that they are enabled for in the terminal, they can be distinguished as follows:
- Session Cookies: These types of cookies are designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page.
They are often used to store information only interested in being preserved for the service requested by the user on a single occasion (e.g. a shopping cart).
- Persistent Cookies: A type of cookie in which the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and treated for a period of time defined by the entity responsible for the cookie, and can range from a few minutes to several years.
3. Types of cookies by purpose
According to the purpose for which the data collected through the cookies are used, we can distinguish between:
- Technical Cookies: These are cookies that allow the user to navigate through a website, platform or application and use different options or services that exist, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access to restricted parts, remember the elements of an order, turn the buying process into an order, make an application for registration or participation in an event, use security features while browsing, store content for sharing videos or audio, or share content via social networks.
- Customizable Cookies: Are those that allow users to access the service with some features of a general nature based on a predefined set of criteria for a terminal that the user controls, such as the language, the type of browser used to access a service, the regional configuration from which you access the service, etc.
- Analytical Cookies: Are those that allow the developer to monitor and analyze the behavior of users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected by these cookies is used to measure the activity of websites, applications or platforms for profiling users' browsing history for such sites, applications and platforms, in order to make improvements based on the analysis of data usage of the users of that service.
Regarding what is done with the data collected through cookies analysis, although they are not exempt from the obligation of obtaining informed consent for their use, it is unlikely to pose a risk to the privacy of users, as long as they refer to first-party cookies, aggregate data dealing with a strictly statistical purpose, that information about their use is facilitated and the possibility that users express their refusal to their use is included.
- Advertising Cookies: cookies that enable the management, the most efficient way of advertising spaces, if the editor is included on a website, application or platform from providing the requested service based on criteria as the edited content or the frequency at which the ads are displayed.
- Behavioral Advertising Cookies: are those that enable management of advertising spaces in the most efficient way possible, if the editor has included the provided requested service on a website, application or platform. These cookies store information on user behavior obtained through continuous observation of your browsing habits, allowing to develop a specific profile to display ads based on it.
Here are a list of the main cookies that are used on our website:
Strictly necessary cookies are those used for proper navigation or actions that enable payment or service requested by the user.
- meteored, cookie that stores anonymous ID for sending notifications. Does not store personal data.
- meteored_last, cookie that stores the last 4 locations visited by the user. Does not store personal data.
- meteored_gps_ok, cookie utilized if geolocation data is used today. Does not store personal data.
- meteored_gps, cookie that stores current geolocation. Does not store personal data.
- meteored_rain, cookie that stores the rain units. Does not store personal data.
- meteored_wind, cookie that stores the wind units. Does not store personal data.
- meteored_temp, cookie that stores the temperature units. Does not store personal data.
- meteored_notify, cookie that stores the status of the notifications. Does not store personal data.
- nl_cookie_v1, cookie that controls the interaction with newsletter promotions. Does not store personal data.
- nl_cookie_cont1, cookie that stores visits to locations for promotion of the newsletter. Does not store personal data.
- appop_cookie_v1, cookie that stores details of location access for promotion of the App. Does not store personal data.
- appop_cookie_cont_v1, cookie that counts the appearances of App promotions. Does not store personal data.
- notify_cookie_v1, cookie that indicates if a location has been accessed. Does not store personal data.
- meteored_mapst, preference cookie that stores your preferred style for our forecast maps and radar sections. Does not store personal data.
- meteored_gdpr, preference cookie that stores your preferred privacy level settings. Does not store personal data.
- euconsent, cookie to store the legal consent preferences. Does not store personal data.
- googleConsent, cookie to store the legal consent preferences. Does not store personal data.
- meteored_euconsent, copy of euconsent for functional checks. Does not store personal data.
- meteored_google_consent, copy of googleConsent for functional checks. Does not store personal data.
Analytical Cookies are used to track user browsing habits to meet for further analysis and to optimize processes and site pages. Collect statistical data of the activity.
- _utma,_utmb,_utmc among others. They are cookies provided by the measurement tool Google Analytics, it is widely used and found on most professional websites.
Third party cookies, these cookies are provided by different services, such as:
- Social Networking: Facebook, Twitter, G+, etc.
- Advertising servers, doubleclick.net, GoogleAds or other adservers that can serve advertising pages for theweather.net
- Other external plugins cookies, they can be video platforms (YouTube, vimeo, etc.).
Management cookies and private or incognito browsing
Depending on the browser used, the procedure for removing cookies or limitation of its use will vary. The best option is to consult your browser's help to obtain accurate information for this action.
Current browsers offer a way to surf anonymously. When creating a new private or anonymous search, the cookies that are stored during the search are destroyed when the browser is closed.
Here is a list of the main browsers with a link to the configuration information for cookies and private browsing.
- Internet Explorer 8 and above; In Private
- Safari 2 and above; Private Browsing
- Opera 10.5 and higher; Private Browsing
- Firefox 3.5 and higher; Private Browsing
- Google Chrome 10 and above; Incognito